Basic tips you can use to look after your car:
- Lighten up your keychain. The weight, combined with bouncing while you drive, can wear out the tumblers inside the ignition and eventually lead to ignition switch failure.
- Park in the shade. Of course, a garage is always the ideal place to park your car. But if one isn’t available, minimize interior damage from UV sunlight and heat by always trying to park your car in the shade.
- Remember to use your car mats to protect the inner carpeting. Washing/Replacing the car mats are much easier/cheaper than the inner carpeting. Blasting your car mats when cleaning your car can help get rid of clogged dirt particles.
- Keep leather from drying out and cracking by using a leather cleaner to remove dirt and stains. Then apply a leather protectant formulated for pigmented or top-coated grain leather.
- Touch up nicks sooner rather than later.
- Fix small windshield chips sooner than later.
- Wash your car regularly. While failing to wash your car won’t result in immediate damage, over time the elements will corrode your vehicle, along with its potential re-sell value.